September 1, 2015

hello there

Hey there friends, gosh I can't believe today is the first of September, what! My girl starts eight grade tomorrow...yes worried mama here. Any tips from from those of you who have gone through this very mysterious stage (insert happy face emoji here) please share. 

I LOVE decorating with neutral shades for fall and way back (before my surgery) I had started working on these handful of apple leaves in anticipation of the beautiful season. They're made with beautiful linen and a bit of stitching...just love their simplicity. 


I hope to sprinkle them along my mantle



and perhaps the dining room table too! 


So are you in fall mode too? Or is it too hot to think about fall in your neck of the woods? Alrighty, I'm off too help my kiddo prepare the last minute details for her first day in eight grade, wish me luck:) 

Until next time...blessings to you, 

Abby

P.S. I may add a few linen leaves to my shop soon. If you're interested just let me know. 




8 comments:

Mimi said...

Abby I'm so sorry to hear of your misfortune with your blog! What heartache! I love your linen leaves though, and even though we do not really have 'Fall' here in Queensland Australia, I can seriously see myself making some similar ones. I hope you don't mind! Everything you do is just so special. Love, Mimi xxx

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

So pretty - great idea. May have to borrow it!

You always share the neatest prettiest things!

Unknown said...

It's a cool, crisp morning here and I'm really beginning to "fall for Fall!" These stitched leaves are SO sweet as is everything your hands and heart creates A. Have a lovely day my friend!

Victoria said...

Oh, your little leaves are so pretty!!! Sorry, no tween girl advice here...I have 3 boys, all in their 20's now:) It's still crazy hot here in FL and we don't get much of a fall, altho it does cool down significantly...looking forward to that!

BECKY said...

HI Abby! Love your leaves! I have been playing around with making some, too! Mine will go on pumpkins or tags! Great minds, huh? Always love what you create! Hope all is well!!
Have a lovely rest of the week!
Hugs!
Becky

Abby's Paperie Garden said...

Hi dear Mimi would love to see your leaves when you give it a go. Have a beautiful weekend:)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy September Abby!

It's been cooling down a bit in my northwoods now - yay! Some trees even starting to turn colors. And my kiddos are back to school. The absolute best time of year to me. Fall is the sweetest season, isn't it?

I LOVE your leaves!! I would definitely be interested and need to check that out. ;)
Blessings to your Girls for a beautiful school year ahead! xoxo

Pam said...

Love your very sweet leaves Abby and I'm thinking they would look lovely done in lace as well! Hmmm..... :)
Sorry to hear about your blog posts but I'm sure it won't take long for you to have a full blog again. It would definitely be very hard to lose as much as you have!

I've just tried to subscribe to your posts via Feedburner but it tells me that this feed does not have subscriptions by email enabled. I would love to follow you via emails so any help would be fab thanks. ♥