January 8, 2013

finishing each day

{Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. Ralph Waldo Emerson}

Don't you just love this quote! A very good friend sent our daily quote exchange and I just had to share it with you my, blog family. So how's your new year going so far? I'm back to my regular life's schedule, work, work, and more work but I am also making sure to follow through on my quest to nurture my creative side....and it seems that in welcoming this word completely into my daily life it has opened up a new and exciting vision where I can now see my path more clearly than ever before. I normally would be feeling "blue" this time of year but the new year has arrived with a wave of inspirations.....so of course this means I must oblige and create whenever my creative spirit speaks to me. So shall I share a peek at some of my latest white inspirations in honor of Blissful Whites Wednesday.....

winged hearts

simple Celtic crosses


framed wings

a banner of lace hearts

and glass glitter crowns

I enjoyed creating a few simple whites but you know I can't go too long without creating some shabby chic inspired pretties so I'll be back to share a few glimpses of them soon. Well, that's all for tonight dear friends...thanks so much for visiting and have a great rest of the week! 

xo, 
abby

P.S. Some of these creations are either already in my shop or soon to be so if you see anything you like just let me know.

Linking up with:


14 comments:

BECKY said...

Love, love, love your pretties, Abby! My fave is the little heart garland! I have been wanting to make one for forever!!! My Mom collected hearts, so they evoke such fond memories for me.

So glad your New Year is off to an inspirational start! You always inspire me!!

Hugs!
Becky

a shade fancier said...

What a great post. Something to really ponder and work on putting aside my "old nonsense and focus on creativity. Emerson quotes are great. Thanks again -- looking forward to all the "pretties".
Missy M

Elizabeth Johnson said...

As I sit here at the end of this day, weary but not finished with the "to do" list for this day, the quote you have posted is well timed. Its time to be finished and let the day be done. Thanks!
Your creations are lovely. :-)

Margie said...

These are all lovely Abby and my favourite has to be the heart garland. You've just given me an idea for a Valentine swap. Thanks so much.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy White Wednesday Abby...your newest creations are so beautiful, I can't pick a favorite!

Zuzu said...

I just added your shop to my Etsy favs. LOVE the glass glittered crown!
Happy 2013,
Zuzu

Victoria said...

What a beautiful quote Abby! I love all your creations, you're so talented. I'm enjoying my wings very much, they're staying out even though Christmas is over:)

Sparkly Engineer said...

I very much liked your quote today and your simple little creations.

Okio B Designs said...

Love them all! I favorite so many of your things on Etsy. It's so hard to choose but I know I'll be buying something soon! I can't resist. =)

Jeanine

wendy said...

These are absolutely exquisit. (did I spell that right?)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such beautiful things to share! What a wonderful quote.

Kadee @KadeeWillow said...

Such lovely creations! And I'm so glad to read that you are entering the new year with renewed hope and spirit. It sure can be easy to get down as the weather can dictate our moods. That sure is the case here in Chicago! By the way, love the lace hearts and the glass glitter crown.. nice work!

Haworth said...

Beautiful creations, as always, Abby. My new year has had a slow start since I've been ill, but I am gradually getting more energy and have been knitting and reading again and enjoyed a lovely walk in the snow this morning.

Ella said...

I love the string of hearts! January is always a tough month for me. I love this quote~ I hope you are doing well! I, too am working on Valentine's creations, love yours~