December 31, 2012

twenty-thirteen + my one word

{Nurture: to care for and encourage the growth or development of} 

I've been thinking often about twenty-thirteen and what it will bring with it....I guess this happens as we grow older and wiser. I don't plan on creating a list of resolutions...too much pressure. I was however inspired to select my "one word" for the year after reading my dear friend Monica's article in the Somerset Life winter issue which encourages us to focus on selecting one inspiring word to guide us throughout the year. I love this idea and after much thought it was the word Nurture that came to me one night while sleeping. It is a word that I've felt quietly present this past year but haven't truly embraced its power and especially its great rewards. It is my hope that in twenty-thirteen I will weave this word into my daily life and begin to truly and completely nurture my relationship with God, my husband, my daughter, my family, friends, and yes myself. Admittedly placing myself higher on the priority list will be a difficult task as I tend to put my needs last...but what I've come to realize is that in nurturing my creative spirit it will in turn spread its positive effects into the rest of my day to day. Of course my reality will still be working long hours and creating only when time allows but I plan to make every effort to fuel my spirit every chance I have...even if for just a few minutes here and there. I've already begun this quest and find my mind flooded with ideas....love it when that happens!

So will you be choosing your inspirational word for the year? I'd love to know!

(petite topiary trees soon to be in the shop)

While I'm here I'd love to thank you for visiting today and all year long dear friends.....it truly means the world to me. I wish you all a new year filled with every thing that makes you happy!

xo, 
abby

Linking up with:




20 comments:

Victoria said...

Happy New Year Abby!!!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

A beautiful choice Abby!
Happy New Year to you and your family. :)

NanaDiana said...

Happy New Year, Abby- I love coming here and seeing your beautiful posts- xo Diana

Terra said...

Nurture is a fabulous word for 2013; I am selecting a word too. For 2012 it was Listen. Happy New Year to you.

Danette said...

I love this idea of one word & will ask God what mine should be.
Thanks Abby ~ beautiful post!
Happy New Year,
Danette

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Nuture is a wonderful word! Being a Mom and animal lover I like to nuture. I choose "thankful" as my word. I want to remember to be thankful for all that I have and not think about what I don't have. Have a wonderful 2013!

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

A very worthy word for this year. Thank you for the inspiration and all the best to you for this coming year! :-)

Jody and Stan said...

Abby, Thank you so much for inspiring me this past year with your wonderful creations. Wishing you health, happiness and living your dreams in the New Year!

Jody

Gloria Westerman said...

Again Abby you have inspire me not just with your beautiful creations but with your inspiring post....I believe this is a great idea and will pray about it and hopefully have something...the only think I can say that has already "hit" me is to be more organize...but I think thats because my craftroom is a mess....
I wish you and your family a happy and inspiring year....

Sandi said...

Great post Abby!! Love it and your new word for the year.
Blessings~

Margie said...

Happy New Year Abby! Love your idea of a word to inspire you throughout 2013. My word will be "sharing" as I'm learning I get more satisfaction from giving than receiving these days, not just material things but sharing what I have learned with others and in turn, learning from them. I honestly think I will benefit just as much. Looking forward to a very creative year.

Lady Pamela said...

I have been choosing just one word for about 5 years now. It has been a fabulous journey for me. My word for 2013 is Humility. I hope you will be blessed by your word as I have been by mine.
*Hugs*

Teri said...

Happy New Year, Abby! A great word for 2013! I've not done the word thing yet, but I think it's a wonderful idea, so I am choosing the word "compassion". I think it will guide me through much of life... looking forward to more of your beautiful creations!
Hugs,
Teri

Bente said...

Thank you for visiting, and I wish you a beautiful and creative new year.
Love the beautiful things you make.

Hugs

gillar girl said...

I have been choosing just one word for the last few years and I love starting out the year this way. Nurture happened to be my word a few years ago :). This year it is aware. Wishing you a wonderful 2013!

Counting Your Blessings said...

I love that you mention nurturing your relationship with God. It IS something that we have to nurture and pay attention to. I am trying to be ever more mindful of Him and growing that relationship this year too. Thank you for your beautiful post.

Blessings... Polly
p.s. Thank you so much for joining the Lovely Blogs collection!!

Anne said...

Happy New Year Abby! My word is Dream.I am dreaming big this year! I have many plans and goals to work toward!Found your beautiful blog through Counting your blessings!Now following along too!
xx
Anne

Lorena Wheeler said...

Hi Abby,
What a lovely blog and post! You have shared a great way to view my next year. I will ponder and pray for a word, i loe this!
Be blessed!
Lorena

Susan said...

A perfect word, which I think we could all try to do this year. I like that you included yourself in your list of those to nurture relationships with. Your soul needs that artistic time to create.
I'm always happy to visit here, Abby. Happy New year to you my friend!

Haworth said...

A beautiful word, Abby, and a lovely tradition. Wishing you a year of blessings. (That topiary is adorable! Your creations are so pretty.)